Monday, December 28, 2009

Hockey fight and Sunday school

Just a "typical" weekend in Bossier City, Louisiana. Of course, nothing can be typical if it involves me...

On our way from Houston to Louisiana we had a short stop at an old friend's house. Mister T. is a real hero in the most noble way. Over the years he donated 50 gallons of blood thus saving God only knows how many lives. I met him 3 years ago when I first came to Houston and it was a real blessing to catch up with him. In his free time, he trains dogs. On the picture, you see Cheers, a 7 years old super smart Labrador in action.

In the car I had a crash course on the oil industry, drilling, refining and general Q&A from a real expert. Hopefully next time I talk to my friends in Norway I will have a clue what are they talking about...



Saturday night is always a good opportunity to go out and do something fun. This weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to go and see a real hockey game. Doug said that I must be real desperate if I came to hot Louisiana to watch a real ice hockey game, but hey, the fights are the same everywhere and besides, it's quite cold here at the moment!

The game was fun, but to be honest, the best part was the fight. I know, not your usual answer from a Christian girl, but who says we cannot have fun? Though both fights were fake and staged, I really enjoyed them! :) It always amazes me how great these kids are on ice!

Taking me to a hockey game gave a really good excuse to Doug to ditch his Sunday school teaching...on ME! Hah! Just because I was on the SHIP (not boat, not boat, not boat!), come from a country with a funny name and happen to live in No(r)way doesn't really qualify me to be a good speaker. Thank God the group was great and very polite so I believe it wasn't too bad after all.

And next on our agenda is the Independence Bowl, a big football game between Texas Aggies and Georia Bulldogs. Cannot wait!!! :)

No comments: