Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Caroling and hamburger

One thing about Sandy is that she is always busy and she drags you with herself. That is the only logical explanation why I found myself in front of a school bus filled with friends from church ready to go caroling...

It's a nice tradition and the church had an amazing choir so why not bless others? I guess we went for the experience, too. We had a few addresses on the list and ended up having a great time. Now those who know me are aware of the fact that I cannot sing. Not one bit. That's why I always managed to stand next to somebody who had a great voice and was singing loud enough to overshadow mine. :)

At the end the bus driver let me sit there for a picture. Don't worry, I was not driving!

One thing about America I don't like is the huge hamburgers. They taste great, but it's usually so big that there is no way you can eat it without making a mess. Hence, when I received my lunch the other day naturally I grabbed my fork and knife. Boy, you should have seen the people in the restaurant... :) Apparently it's a big NO-NO! You must eat with your hands.

Once I get back to Europe I will have a T-shirt that says:

Please excuse my manners. I left them in Texas...

No comments: